19 thoughts on “Bee Bot Buzzing in Stage 1

1. Dear Learning stars,
    You did a good job of getting around the maze.
    I wonder how you came up with that idea.

From, Ryan J

2. Dear Learning Stars,
    What a cool project! I love the video you put up. I was wondering, “What is a Bee Bot?” I hope to hear more from you very soon.
    From, Lily

• We had fun designing our maze first on paper. It took us 15 minutes to program the Robot as we had to plan our pathway and then push the buttons. We kept testing to make sure the Bee Bot ended where it had to. We can’t wait to do it again as the maze needs to be bigger, more spacious and add more paths to the maze to make it more challenging.
      Have you ever made a robot go through a maze?
      Blake, Peter and Tyson our marvellous maze makers from 1/2 Diamonds.

• We want to keep learning more about technology by making things. Keep watching.
      What sort of things do you like doing? Do you like using the computer?
      Monesha and Eli

3. Dear Learning Stares,
    You did a really good job of getting the bee around the maze.
    I like the lego sculpture that you made too.
    I think you’ll get alot of comments.
    From, Lilah in Mrs. Amri’s class.

• Blake and me will make our Bee Bot go faster. We have made a cardboard city and we will drive our Bee Bots over bridges and down the streets of our city.
      Does anyone know if we can make our Bee Bots go faster.

How about you have ago making LEGO sculptures and put it up for us to see?

Diamonds

4. Dear Learning Stars,
    That is really cool that you made a Bee Bot. Did you like the process during the making of the Bee Bot?
    From, Kaia

• We did not make the Bee Bot we had to buy it. We did design and make the maze.
      It was great fun. Do you make that type of thing in your classroom?

Monesha and Brady

5. Dear Laerning Stars
    I like how you built the robotic Bee Bot. The maze was really cool! I bet it was fun to build. I also liked all the colors.
    Stella

• It was fun to make the maze. We did not make the Bee Bot but we did press the buttons to make it go in different directions. It was rainbowish and beautiful.

Jamie, Dilan with support from Monesha

6. Great work on the LEGO robotics. I did LEGO robotics last summer. Are you just beginning your school year?
    It’s almost Spring Break for me. Keep up the good work. -Will-
    Stafford Elementary
    West Linn, Oregon, USA

• We are just beginning our year. Can you give us some tips on Lego Robotics? Did you do Robotics as part of a Summer Course?

7. Dear Learning Stars,

I thought your Bee Bot maze was very creative. Did you use Legos to keep the bee in the maze?

Your friend,
    Theo

• Yes the challenge was to build a maze and program the Bee Bot to go through it. We chose LEGO to make our maze. Others chose blocks and cardboard and other buildable stuff.

8. Dear Learning Stars,
    We are from Stafford School and we are excited to be connected with you for The Blogging Challenge. What is a Bee Bot? We think it is a robot. Is that correct? It looks very fun.
    From, Mrs. Amri and The Crew

• Hi we are from Lithgow School. The Bee Bot is a little robot. It was great fun building our mazes and very challenging to make the Bee Bot travel through the maze. It took a lot of thinking and planning.
      Do you do similar things to this?
      The Diamonds of Learning Stars